Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Treasured Cat Toy

Diablo: Congratulations on your find. It was mummified. Stiff as a board. I am surprised it didn’t stink to high heavens.

Phoenix: My saliva glands couldn’t stop watering.

Diablo: Valerie was a little grossed out.
Phoenix: Yeah, her curiosity got the best of her when she noticed I took an interest in digging through the pile of grocery bags she had stored under the sink. When she blindly reached into the cabinet I knew she was in for a surprise. She put her fingers on its little furry head and pulled her hand back as fast as a snake strikes. Thought it was still alive.

Diablo: Hardly. Probably has been dead since 2004. Rat poison, I am sure.

Phoenix: Nevertheless, it would have made an excellent cat toy. Lord knows I could use a little stimulation.


Diablo: That was why she left the cabinet door open for you. Let you got exploring into the deep recesses of The Rig.

Phoenix: What have you caught lately?

Diablo: You didn’t catch a thing. You found a dead mouse.

Phoenix: And she had to toss it out the door.

Diablo: Smile!
Phoenix: Okay, now you. Say Cheese!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jimmeny don't loose those cats!