Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Plot

Diablo: She doesn’t expect you to make it back home.

Phoenix: I kind of think there isn’t a home anymore. First she takes us out of the office where, I got to tell you, life was good, even if David loved throwing me up in the air like a sag of potatoes.

Diablo: Yeah and I could got all kinds of junk food out of the office snack bar after you learned how to open the sling glass door.

Phoenix: A trick that came in pretty handy. Then for six months she sequestered us in that tiny studio apartment while she remodeled the kitchen.

Diablo: Remember when you got behind the wall?. She was pissed.

Phoenix:
Pissed because I out smarted her. I waited patiently for two days before I saw my opportunity to sneak behind her and through that hole in the wall. Anyway, then she dragged us on that all night trip in her Jeep to spend a month at her parents’ house in New York. What are Tennessee cats to make of these Yankees?

Diablo: That wasn’t too bad. I managed to put on a few grams eating our Yankee cousin’s food. I don’t think The Booter cat was any worst for it.

Phoenix: I showed you where the food was and how to bust into the jar.

Diablo: I liked sitting at the dinner table, putting on the charm. Her mom thought I was the sweetest cat. Couldn’t figure out how Valerie resisted feeding me table scraps.

Phoenix:
Valerie didn’t like that love handle you acquired. That is the reason she has us on a diet now. Speaking of now…look at our plight. Where are we headed? There is no home. We are just roaming around trying to sell a book about sailing. I heard there is a story in there about throwing cats overboard.

Diablo: Please…don’t speak of such things.

Phoenix: I am busting out of here.

Diablo: You have managed to open the slide on the screen door twice and jump out. You might be smart, but it wasn’t too cool in the middle of the night.

Phoenix: Hey, I am a cat. I can see at night.

Diablo:
I might have all the looks and you all the brains, but I think I rather take my chances in the RV.

Phoenix: If she puts me on that leash one more time, I am out of here.

No comments: