Friday, August 17, 2007

Fig Newtons

Phoenix: You know you can climb a tree if you want to get that squirrel.

Diablo:
Really?

Phoenix: Yeah, use your claws?

Diablo: Hum? Okay. How do I get down?

Phoenix: That is the tricky part. It involves physics.

Diablo: Fizzy-icks? Doesn’t sound too good.

Phoenix: Everything in the universe works on it. Something called Newton’s Laws.

Diablo: Rules, rules and more rules. Like I can’t eat off the dining room table?

Phoenix: Not exactly. More like a body in motion tends to stay in motion.

Diablo: Oh, that explains why dogs chase their tails.

Phoenix: Yeah, and a body at rest tends to stay at rest.

Diablo: Sure I get it. Cat naps. Now that is a law I can live with.

Phoenix: How about for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction?

Diablo: Easy one. Eat cat food. Poop cat food.

Phoenix: Well, something like that.

Diablo: So what has Newton got to do with getting out of a tree?

Phoenix: The Law of Gravity. Seems this Newton guy was sitting under a tree and a something fell on his head.

Diablo: A cat? You want me to fall out of the tree?

Phoenix: You want to get that squirrel, don’t you?

Diablo: I think I'll look for some figs and gravy in the kitchen.

No comments: