Friday, August 31, 2007

A Conspiracy?

Diablo: I bet you were scared.

Phoenix: Not until that huge pit bull came through the waiting room. Compared to the canine, the needle looked pretty tame, even if she never stuck anyone with needle before.

Diablo: What was it like?

Phoenix: Not too bad. She did a pretty good job on the first try. She told the vet it felt like taking a sewing needle and pushing through a piece of cloth.

Diablo: A piece of leather maybe?

Phoenix: I’m not that tough skinned.

Diablo: How much trouble are you going to give her? Squirming? Clawing? Any biting?

Phoenix: Well, she is feeling a bit queasy about the whole process. She actually asked the vet for some Valium. I don’t think I should pull any shenanigans. Her being a novice and all. We are talking about a needle. She mentioned to the vet that she was headed back south.

Diablo: That’s worth one good nip. Right between the forefinger and thumb.

Phoenix: No kidding. But I’ll let you have the honors. Wouldn’t want to mar my reputation.

No comments: