Monday, November 06, 2006

Teeth Marks

Phoenix: You are a loco cat.

Diablo: I don’t know what overcame me.

Phoenix: You have done that more times than all the cats she has ever had - combined. In fact, after the second time you exceeded all others.

Diablo: Let’s see. There was the time at the vet’s about two days after she rescued us from the pound.

Phoenix: Yes, you had not eaten a thing in two days and you were a little kitten. She was very concerned about your welfare.

Diablo: The vet had this great smelling foooood. Her hand was in the way. Then there was the time I brought her down like a water buffalo.

Phoenix: Right on her naked ass. You were possessed. A few months later you stalked her in the kitchen. Your wild-eyed crazed look made her jump up on the kitchen counter in order to escape.

Diablo: Yeah, she leapt off the counter, dashed into the bedroom and slammed the door to avoid me. I can’t help it. I could see her peaking out from beneath the door as I laid in front of it wanting to get in.

Phoenix: Don’t forget the time in the yard.

Diablo: Now that was perfectly excusable. Three dogs came wandering out of the woods. The scratches on her face were an accident. The scar is barely noticeable.

Phoenix: Torn a hole in her pants too.

Diablo: Claws needed a trim.

Phoenix: About six months ago…

Diablo: Again, an accident. I was going after you.

Phoenix: I remember. But last night? There was no call for it.

Diablo: She wouldn’t let me have any more popcorn.

Phoenix: Four punctures in her left hand. She has a book signing on Thursday. There goes dinner.

Diablo: Does it look infected?

No comments: